Friday 4 January 2013

New Shearling Jacket

Well, I don't know about you, but I love me some shearling. Have always loved it, but been hankering after one when Jo from BlackWhiteDenim refused to give me hers! I did ask nicely, but it didn't work!

So I went on the hunt at the start of the AW12 season and saw this J Brand Caitlyn cap sleeved one from Donna Ida denim.

Jo and I agreed it was far too expensive, so thought nothing further of it.

That was until I saw the email from Donna Ida, and I saw this jacket had been reduced by a whopping 75%. I couldn't believe my eyes. So I clicked to buy quicker than you can say Shaun the Sheep. And as my good twitter friend Lisa pointed out (@stylisa), they're practically giving it away!

The blurb said that the fit was loose, so I tweeted Donna herself, who replied within minutes to downsize, so I did.

I have to say, the service has been remarkable. I love the service you get from independent stores, as they want your business. They go above and beyond the call of duty, and this makes me want to part with my cash. Donna is an avid twitter user and I love her tales of Starbucks addiction & tearing around London to exceed her client's needs.

Anytime I get a delivery at work, I'm made to give the full cat walk (so this happens often you understand!) model show, and get opinions. The 65 year old security guard loved it. As did my Work Mum, though she was short of breath when she saw the original price tag. It was a good job she was sitting down!

It is super warm and incredibly soft so will be an AW staple for years to come.

Hope you like!
Kate x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.